Looking for a talent pipeline to satisfy your workforce needs?
UAEC Pathway students are:
- Motivated students that want to earn while they learn on the job
- Dedicated students that need your help preparing them for a career with you
- Top of their class prepared students looking for internship opportunities
Worried about having a minor as an intern?
Because UAEC Pathway is recognized as a work-based learning program, any 16–18-year-old students enrolled in the Pathway fall under the Department of Labor Fair Labor Standards Act, Title 29 exception for prohibited job tasks for minors. Simply stated: students can be on “hazardous” job sites because it is essential to their learning.
The definition of a work-based learning program is that it coordinates structured and supervised learning activities between an employer and an educational institution. The setting must extend the classroom into the workplace or provide the student with an applied workplace experience.
In order for students to have a Title 29 exception, a work-based learning (WBL) program contract must be in place. A WBL program contract coordinates structured and supervised learning activities between an employer, educational institution and student. A WBL program extends the classroom to the job site (or equivalent), using a skills grid to measure performance while providing an applied workplace experience for the student learner. To find out more about WBL Programs and WBL toolbox resources, please see https://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/wbl/manual.
How to Join
1. Develop an engaging internship program for high school, technical college and/or university students.
2. Email your logo to go in the partner section of this website and URL to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Support recruitment events at high schools, technical colleges, and/or colleges/universities
How to Find Interns
High School Interns
Contact the Work Based Learning Coordinator for you local school district to get started. Post jobs on ktsutah.org and visit classes to recruit
Technical College Interns
Post jobs on Jobwise.com and recruit in person.
Post jobs on joinHandshake.com and recruit in person